Ben Ahrens was a happy, healthy 25 year old semi professional surfer until his health took a sharp nosedive and he was diagnosed with Chronic Neurological Lyme Disease. Bedridden for three years, he had little hope for a normal healthy life again. That is, until he started learning about the brain's neuroplasticity- or, it's ability to be updated and reprogrammed out of chronic illness.
In just 10 months of working to retrain his brain, he drastically reduced his brain fog, and was able to walk and work part time again. Now, he helps others overcome chronic illness and retrain their brain at Re Origin.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What is brain neuroplasticity and why is it so crucial to overcoming chronic illness
- The neurological mechanism behind why some people don't get nearly as sick as others when exposed to the same bacteria or virus
- Re Origin's simple 5-step process to retrain your brain and overcome things like food sensitivities, chronic illness, pain, and even childhood trauma
- And so much more!
Connect with Ben:
Whether you have a medical background or not, grab your free blood work and supplement cheat guide here: drkylieburton.com
Ready to discover what your “normal” labs are really telling you?? Come join Dr. Kylie on her LIVE and FREE 3-day challenge. The LAST one is happening on May 23, 24, 25. Register here: drkylieburton.com/free/
This podcast is sponsored by:
Systemic Formulas - the supplements that work and the ones Dr. Kylie uses in her practice
- Join them on Instagram @systemic_formulas_institute
- Join their FB group: Systemic Formulas Clinical Nutrition
- Become a practitioner here: https://systemicformulas.com/register/
Nutribiome - Don’t just take probiotics, take the perfectly designed prebiotics to feed them. Learn more and order soon at: mybyome.com
Terra Consulting Inc. - Practitioners, let Terra help you uplevel your online presence. She built my website, wrote the copy, and consulted along the way. I can’t recommend her enough! Get started here: TerraConsultingInc.com